Saturday, August 1, 2009

Can't straighten hair?

My hair turned slightly curly a few years ago for no reason. No one in my family has naturally curly hair, so I don't know what happened.



Anyway, it's not really tight curls, it's loose curls and I like it, but there are times I want to straighten it, but nothing I do works.



Forget blow-drying, all that does is make it all frizzy and poofy, and if I try to use a flat iron, it takes an hour before it even resembles straight (it still isn't though.)



I have tried tons of frizz-taming and straightening products to go along with a flat iron. Nothing works.



Can't straighten hair?

yes - forget the blow dry...i have same problem with this, i found out what really help me



go to http://www.trueceramicpro.com/



i love this true ceramin pro hair hot straight... this one had very powerful hot 140 to 400 set...my is very curly hair and are stubborn with other kind of diffenter hair straight flat iron, didn't work to me and didn't have 400 set this one only had higher 400 set! but this one is work to me! so i put 400 set wow totally hair straight quick i didn't even used help hair straight spray or anything i did all the naturally and my hair came beautiful and shine! hope this help! * watch the Spanish lady who had alot of curly and did make it hair straight * its soo amazing you can get that and try it! hope this help



Can't straighten hair?

straighteing it with the iron is the best thing. try anti friz serium and straightening shampoo. definintely don't blow dry it though.



Can't straighten hair?

use a hair straightener thing... and use spray so it stays for i think maybe a day



Can't straighten hair?

Ask your stylist for silicone gel.



Can't straighten hair?

same thing happened to me! nothing seems to work. maybe straighten it while its wet with a wet or dry flat iron?



Can't straighten hair?

maybe if u go to the salon and ask them they can help u



Can't straighten hair?

If you want your hair to actually be straight then you need to get a quality hair straightener. If it is $60 of more it means it's good. (For example i got mine for $100 and it is the best thing I ever bought for my hair) Never try blow drying straight unless you flat iron afterwards. Never ever ever ever ever attempt straightening your hair while it is wet. It will only dry your hair out and give you split ends and damage it. Trust me, I had to cut my hair really short because of split ends (not pretty)



Can't straighten hair?

So what exactly are you asking? Try getting a nice hair perm :)



Can't straighten hair?

I know ppl who use actual irons to get their hair straight... Sounds crazy huh?? I know I've seen them have their mom do it...lol... I was dying



Can't straighten hair?

I have the same problem with my hair. You do need to blow dry it my hair gets big and frizzy to but it really helps. Oh also put gel in it before you dry it. Then straighten it. It might have a few spots that go back to being a little bit wavy but trust me you get used to it. Also maybe your straight iron isn't strong enough mine was about 100 dollars. But also just some time defuse it keep the natural wave.



Can't straighten hair?

if you layered your hair then maybe that's what made it curly. that's what happened to me. Try chemically straightening your hair a friend of mine did and her hair looks pretty just make sur you don't get a cheap one because then your hair might get worse that what happened with my sister and it totally frizzed her hair and made it dry.



Can't straighten hair?

Maybe the problem isn't what you're using but how you're using it? My hair is curly too. I can tell you what works from experience, because for years I didn't know how to straighten it on my own. Never attempt to start on soaking wet hair. Let it air dry a bit first. Do your make-up or eat breakfast first if it's in the a.m. You need to comb both a heat-protectant spray or lotion and a straightening balm though your hair. Then pin most of it up, and work in SMALL sections. As you dry the underlayers, gradually let sections of hair loose til you've done your whole head. Then run a striaghtening iron though ONLY THE PIECES that need it, in SMALL sections.



Can't straighten hair?

Hmmm... try http://www.paulmitchell.com/Products/Pau... before drying your hair, then try the flat iron after.... hope it works for you , good luck~ oh, and im sure ou can get the product in the hair salon :]



Can't straighten hair?

Get a GHD because they are the best.They never seem to fail. My hair used to be very long and wavy and the GHD worked. I got it cut and now its so much easier so maybe think about that otherwise i do no know!



Good Luck!



Can't straighten hair?

is it the frizz your having problems with or the curls?



Curls can be ironed out, but some straightening irons are better then others, no matter if the specification on the box is the same as, GHDs are the only straighteners I have found that work. It does take time, an hour is excessive but it could be if you have alot of hair it takes this long.



When you are straightening your hair, do you do it all at once? or in sections, as if you want to iron the same peice of hair over and over again, it will be fried and will become frizzy and wont look or feel good. You need to take your hair in sections, if you ever go to the hairdresser, watch what they do, they take it section by section until its flat and straight, they do it slowly and thy use heat protecting sprays. Always start with an underneath section, this is because after you have done a section and you let it fall down onto your head, it will still be warm and will mould to the hair underneath it. If the hair underneath it is not straight, you will just end up with hair thats only partialy straight, and als end up really frustrated!



When I take my hair in sections I first brush all of my hair over to the other ear, my hair is then in one seew and all in the same direction.



The I section a bit off and brush it down the normal way, straight down.



THE SECTION I TAKE IS ON WIDER THEN ONE INCH!! less if you have patience.



Then spray the section with heat protecting spray, brush this through and follow with the straightnening irons, slowly, repeat if your hair isnt straight enough.



Carry on doing one inch width sections until you reach your centre parting.



Then flick over your hair to the other ear. Repeat but on the new side.



Yu may need help on the back ot your head, as you cannot see it, but if you cannot get help, try the same method of doint a section at a time, starting at the bottom.



When your done, finish off with hair spray.



Also, I have used Boots 'straighten' fo hair, its a treatment and you apply it a bit like if you were going to be dyeing you hair (instructions in the box) it is effective and does make a difference, but you'll still need to use straightening irons, just not as much.



Can't straighten hair?

Mine's the same way. Not tight curls, but far from straight. And you're right ... blow-drying just makes it a frizzy, poofy mess (no matter what products I use!) and the flat iron takes forever, and the results are never worth the effort. LOL



My "everyday" fix is to apply a leave-in conditioner before brushing, followed by some Friz-ez (spelling?) before using one of those round brush-style dryers after washing. It keeps the follicle smooth and flat rather than poofy and frizzy, like regular blow-drying, and I don't generally have to use it again until the next wash. Only problem is that you'll have to perfect your own "technique" to avoid adding any waves ... either slightly turning the hair under at the ends or flipping them out for a bit of a stylish, layered look. ;)



A more permanent option is to get one of those reverse perms. I'm sure there's a more official name (LOL), but my sister-in-law is a stylist and does them all the time. In fact, she did her own recently (same hair type), and it looks great! Of course, that's only if you want to keep it on the straighter side for the next few weeks/months (depending on how long your hair might hold the perm). It's really nice, though. Extra smooth and shiny, with no fly-aways or frizzies. I'd have her do mine if I wasn't pregnant. LOL Maybe in a few months ... ;)



Forgot to mention ... the round brush mentioned above dries my (very-long, very-thick!) hair from shower to straight in about 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment