Wednesday, October 7, 2009

New to straightening irons... help?

ok i'm a guy with hair down to about my eyes. I started using a hair straightening iron because my hair is so wavy that it is impossible to do without at this length. It looks amazing straight :) but i need some advice since I'm new.



1) I'm straightening it once a day because my hair goes back to usual after it's wet. Is this too often?



2) Do hair straightening creams work well enough so that I can use it often enough to give my hair a break from the iron? can I use it in my hair while ironing?



3) I use a good conditioner very thoroughly. What other products can I use to protect my hair from iron damage? I've heard of balms, heat protection etc,,, but i'm clueless to this stuff



4) My iron can only be used when the hair is dry. Does that mean can't put any heat protection products in my hair at the time of using the iron?



So I need all the advice I can get since I'm new (and a guy without the hair expertize ofcourse!) thanks =]



New to straightening irons... help?

What you need is a better hot Iron. Buy one of these, it will keep your hair straight, shinny and very healthy looking until it gets wet!



http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search...



These are amazing!n You hair will look like comercial hair, the after of course!



New to straightening irons... help?

1) No it's not too often if you're using a high quality ceramic/tourmaline plate iron and a thermal spray.



2) No straightening creams or shampoos will not make your hair straight without styling tools - at least a blow dryer



3) Conditioner doesn't protect you from damage. At cheapest, V05 Miracle Mist does great for thermal protection and holding the straight style.



4) Yes you can apply the thermal protection sprays on your hair at the time of iron use. Just don't soak your hair with it, spray LIGHTLY.



New to straightening irons... help?

I'm a guy who flat irons too :D



1) once a day is too much, you'll be fine if you wash your hair every other day.if it messes up when you sleep on it, try wearing a bandanna to bed to keep your hair put, and touch up any messed up parts in the morning if they are pointing in a bad direction. If you wear a bandanna to bed you will def not need to falt iron your whole head again...



2)try a hair serum of some sort, or a good thermal protecting flat iron spray...go to a salon and ask for suggestions on a product for this, they can be very helpful. Biosilk, or Regis Silk Drops are great.



3)use a moisturizing deep conditioner, or pantene conditioners for moisture.



4)you can put flat ironing products in your hair and immediately flat iron. Thats what they are for. If the product sizzles a bit while you pass over the hair, dont worry about it since that is the product getting seared and not your hair, which is a good thing. Never flat iron if your actual hair is wet from water, and dont saturate your hair in products. it's unessesary. Use a basic amount and use your good judgment.



Enjoy your new style i been flat ironing my hair for 3 months now so i'm pro lol



New to straightening irons... help?

why don't you try going to the beauty shop? going to a professional of hair once a week or once every two weeks will help. you need to realize that you can't handle your hair. advice is not what you need! you need professional help!!!!!!!!!!!



New to straightening irons... help?

i Ihave kinda short hair about 3-4 inches long and its also wavy and out of controll...i flat iron every day too



1) Straightening every day isnt too often only if you put the moisture you take out of your hair back in youll be okay.



2) I use bedhead contol freak serum (it fights humidity and is a thermal protector, i use nexxus heat protex as well.



3) I use infusium 23 moistureoligy shampoo and conditioner. It works really well with my hair type also nexxus hummestress is awsome to use.



4) You can use heat protection products at the same time but its better to make sure your hair is dry before ironing(blow dry before). It cuts down on the steam created by the iron which can burn your scalp.



I have been flat ironing my hair for almost 5 years now and beleive me it takes alot of experimenting with products to find out which one works the best for you. and make sure you use a good flat iron because the cheap ones will destroy your hair.



Good Luck and have fun

No comments:

Post a Comment