Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What's the best hair dryer for curly hair?

I am multi-ethnic with coarse, frizzy unruly curly hair. Straightening can be achieved on my hair with a good blowout (without relaxing), but can take a long time. I want to be able to dry my hair and just leave it curly. I have always air-dried to leave it curly, but it takes forever and ends up frizzing if i have to sleep on it. Any suggestions on other hair tools and products for multi-ethnic curls would be helpful, too.



What's the best hair dryer for curly hair?

Any type of dryer will work fine, you need to use the right products, a curl enhancer and use a diffuser on the dryer, that takes most of the blow out and uses the air to dry it naturally. With multi-ethnic hair, you might need to use gloss drops, it's oil based, and the curl enhancer. Any salon will carry these. They cost a bit, but you only use a little bit so they last a long time. I myself after shampoo and conditioner, I towel dry my hair, use a leave in conditioner, I prefer Tigi after party, then oil drops, I prefer Tigi girl toy, then that will tone down the frizzy part, then I use a curl enhancer, I prefer Regis brand curl enhancer and use the diffuser on my hair, it hangs in beautiful ringlets. Give it a try.



What's the best hair dryer for curly hair?

use straightening hair blow dryer, the one with teeth so you could brush hair while blow drying...very effective with ethnic hair.



What's the best hair dryer for curly hair?

I buy this hair relaxer at the store called sunsilk de-frizz.



It works very well...I love it. After you get out of the shower, which would most likely be better to take in the beginning of the day, rather than at the end, apply this cream throughout all your hair. It doesn't get hard, crunchy, and it's not sticky. It just controls those pesky fly-aways. Then you can either let it air dry, or you can blow dry it...it should contain your frizzzz! Try it out!



Good luck!



What's the best hair dryer for curly hair?

You can best keep your curly look and dry your hair by buying an inexpensive diffuser to place on the end of the blowdryer (it looks like a round filter that attaches to the end of the dryer where the air comes out). The diffuser spreads the heat to a wider area and allows for the curls to stay in place. I am a professional stylist and I like using the Frizz Ease products and also Redken has a fantastic heat activated "smooth down" product that leaves your hair looking like it had just been relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment