Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What are the options for relaxing non-african hair?

I was thinking of getting japanese hair straightening, but it's way too expensive. What are the other options? Are the old fashioned relaxers permanent or not? Would it be better to get semi-permanent straightening such as brazilian keratin treatment? Before I knew much about relaxing, I asked two different hairdressers to relax my hair and they flat-out refused. My hair is not fine, delicate, or dyed, so that's not why they said no. Is it because most salons only carry relaxers for african americans, or because some stylists don't like to relax hair that's not curly? My hair is extremely wavy, frizzy, and coarse but not curly.



What are the options for relaxing non-african hair?

Keep calling salons that will do your hair with a regular perm. If they are a good hair stylist they will know a regular everyday perm will do non-ethnic hair just fine! You do not need a relaxer! I don't know why they won't do your hair. Relaxers come in mild medium and strong. But you would do fine with a regular every- day perm solution. Just get on the phone and set up a consultation with a hairdresser that knows how to do this, and is willing to do this on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment