Thursday, July 23, 2009

How does hair (in general) get back to being all wavy and curly after straightening it and then wett

My hair's pretty wavy, and I've been using Conair very recently, but for quite some time now. I've noticed that whenever I wet my hair after every 3 days or so it stands up even wavier and curlier. This isnt't my normal hair trait. Will it get back to being its normal wavy self if I don't use my straightener for a while?



And how can hair be so unusually wild like that considering the fact that hair straighteners actually burn the protein? Can the cells regenerate protein that profusely? If so, do striaghteners actually turn hair a lighter color?



Sorry, too many questions. Thanks for answering.



How does hair (in general) get back to being all wavy and curly after straightening it and then wetting it?

Ok well, firstly your hair goes through constant changes, and cycles. It could be that as your getting older your hair is getting wavier naturally. Look at your genetics, if someone in your family has curly hair (preferably someone older than 50) then chances are yours will get a bit tighter and curlier the older you get.



For instance: I had dead straight hair all my life, and all my families hair (and I mean everyones) was curly. I was starting to think I was adopted or something, as this wasn't the only difference. But then when I was about 25 I cut it all off (boy short) and voila....it grew back wavy.



As for burning the protiens in your hair, YES it does burn your hair. as does any heated impliment you use. The protiens do regenerate that quick, it's like a self protection mechanism. The only way they don't is if it's severely chemically damaged. But it won't be turning your hair a lighter colour (except if it's very badly burned).



How do I know this......I was a hairdresser for 12yrs, so I have a little bit of experience. Hope it helped xxx



How does hair (in general) get back to being all wavy and curly after straightening it and then wetting it?

dang girl. your question is so complicated. i have nothing to contribute. i just wanted to let you know you make me very happy to have straight hair. ;)



How does hair (in general) get back to being all wavy and curly after straightening it and then wetting it?

using a straightener everyday can really damage your hair. if you want to change your hairs texture permanently, maybe you should consider chemical straightening. anyway, with most straightening products or processes, the results tend to disappear after a shampoo, or by getting really wet. your hair might go back to normal if you condition it very well very often. your hair might just be freaking out from over-processing. no, i don't think straightening burns proteins or affects hair color.



How does hair (in general) get back to being all wavy and curly after straightening it and then wetting it?

your Luke you have stria-ht hair



How does hair (in general) get back to being all wavy and curly after straightening it and then wetting it?

i dont know

No comments:

Post a Comment